Monday, January 28, 2008

4 U 2 Know...

Hello Everyone,
Initially, I didn't know what to expect therefore, I decided to go over the materials at home, but when I started viewing the video I realized that I wasn't even close to being prepared because the video was very different from what's in hard copy...Now, I'm fully acclimated with the process.
My experience with the parents differs from week to week. The first week I had a very involved group of parents and the second week, they seem to lack communication in the practice set forth by the program. Also, with the exception of 1 parent... all the other adults in the group are related and from time to time I have to remind them about the rule of respecting while other speaks because they tend to discuss (amongst each other) non-SFP events during break sessions. Oh, Marigny's presence is a HUGE help for me...Thanks Lady :) Looking forward to week 3….

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Hi Tatiana:
Group process fascinates me. Often it is not until the end of the program that you learn participants (parents or youth in this case)were paying attention and taking it in. And who knows about the second week - some of the parents had not done their homework, I believe there was a new person in the group - all this affects participation. So, I'm hopeful.

Thank you for your committment to excellence.

Phyllis said...

Another thing team. Create your Google account. Then when you open up the webpage, you have to click sign in. That allows you to respond to posts from others.

Whew! that took a moment for me to figure that one out.

Have a good evening tomorrow.